Tuesday, April 9, 2013

INSIGHT!!!

Ha! Finally. So you all have heard the phrase "necessity is the mother of invention". Well, from necessity of needing a topic for my capstone paper my mother helped me invent my forum for it. I had an idea and she helped to put it together. There are times when you just need to admit you need some help. And bouncing ideas off others is a great way to get that help. So, my capstone:

I am always drawn to the mystic and magic of stories and Shakespeare uses them so much in what he writes about, it is almost like a slap to the face when you figure out that it has been there all along.
Some have fairies, ghost, witches, magic or astrology. I believe this to be because  the Elizabethan Period was full of superstition that it was perpetuated by the churches. Remember the Crusades..... yeah. 
Shakespeare wrote his plays for the high and low alike as we have discussed in class, but most he wrote for the everyday man and what the common man believed in.  He gave them something they could relate to.

Whether it be real of fictional. 

There were all kinds of magical spells, by both fairies and witches.  Some with good intent or mischief, some were bad and meant to curse someone. These were meant to be part satire and part fantasy. 
The spells were quite interesting.  The senses were involved in creating the magic scenes of the stories.  I will be writing about the imagery in the magic and use of color, emotions and sounds within the text that created such an effect on the audience ( who actually participate because they were so pulled into and involved in what was happening on the stage.) 

Through personal experience and that of others, I will write about the effects these ideas have on the audience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment