Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The dreams that occure in between alarms

"Sleep is the best meditation."- The Dalai Lama

We've been talking a lot the dreams that we have and also the ones that the characters have. I think it's interesting that there are two sides of the perception of dreaming: Do we look deeper into our dreams and find the meaning, or do we simple see them as a portal into our imaginations? The mind is vast isn't it?

Recently I've been noticing my own dreams. Maybe because I see faces a little more clearly and remember them or maybe it's because the colors are a little less vivid and some of the dreams are black and white. I noticed with one in particular that I seem to have it more in between when my first alarm goes off and when the second alarm goes off for me to get up in the morning. These dreams tend to be more abstract than regular REM sleep dreams but this one is nicer. I see faces of friends and family that I haven't seen in a while. they tend to usually be pretty happy and I think I'm usually some where that is familiar to me, or at least I have the feeling that it is. Somewhere like my parents house or my middle school. For what ever reason these are the dreams I tend to hold on to. Even though many of them are disturbing or just plain strange.  

No comments:

Post a Comment